I’ve read a few things about transferring Google accounts where people said that it cannot be done. Wrong. I recently had to transfer ownership of a Google place and this is how it’s done:
- Log in to your Google Places Account
- Go to the dashboard
- Select delete (under your business details)
- Select “Remove this listing from my Google Places account“. This removes the Places Page from your Gmail account. Don’t select “Remove this listing from Google Maps”.
- Your Places Page will still show up in search & will show “owner-verified” but that’s fine.
- Now create your business Places Page in your new Google Places account, identical to how it features already, ensuring you pick the existing business when Google provides a choice of similar businesses (don’t create a new one).
- Then verify with a PIN as normal and then it’s just a case of waiting.
- Your original Places Page will remain in search but you will notice your new Places Page as a duplicate (although it won’t feature as prominently). This is perfectly normal.
- After a couple of weeks the two Places Pages will merge and your listing be fully accessible through your new Google Account.